Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Sold the car!

I sold the car last night. I actually have been in contact with the buyer for a couple weeks but I had to order a new title. The donation to Mercy Corps will be $650. That rocks! In other news I got back from my trip Sunday night. Saw a lot in a week. Spent a couple days in NY city with Lori and we did some shopping. Then I headed over to Boston for a few days. Beautiful city with lots of historic landmarks. I walked the Freedom Trail and saw MIT and Harvard. Went for my first run since the marathon along the Charles river. Took the bus there and Amtrak back. Conneticut is beautiful this time of year with all the different colored leaves. I was suprised there were so many woods once you got away from the ocean. I went back to New York and Lori and I flew to Buffalo. We rented a car and spent last Friday at Niagara Falls. Amazing waterfalls. Then we drove up to Toronto. We walked around Saturday but Toronto doesn't have much in way of tourist activities. So we shopped. Which was nice because it was inside and warm. Saturday night was the big event! We went to the Steam Whistle brewery for the Rock Paper Scissors competition. I was sporting my red velvet pants. There were a few hundred people there. I beat the first guy but then lost to the next guy. We had a good time though and it was interesting to read people's team shirts. I have pictures I will post at some point. Sunday we went up in the CN tower. I didn't know the observation deck there is the tallest observation deck in the world.
I am moving this weekend and am hoping it doesn't rain. The weather right now is really nice. No rain and warm. It feels great riding my bike to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home